Benefits of lemon peels.
Consider the following benefits before you throw away the peels of another lemon:
- All that fibre! 100g (3.5oz) of lemon peels contain 10.6 grams of fibre.
- It contains high amounts of calcium and vitamin C, which help maintain and improve bone health.
- Reduces oxidative stress. Lemon peels and lemon powder contain citrus bioflavonoids, which are powerful source for the reduction of oxidative stress.
- Eradicates toxic elements present in our body. Besides making us weak, those elements also increase our addiction to hard drinks and harmful eatables.
- May help fight cancer. Lemon peel contains salvestrol Q40 and limonene, which help fight the cancerous cells.
- Lemons are anti-microbial and protect against bacterial infections and fungi.
- Reduces cholesterol. This is due to the presence of polyphenol flavonoids in lemon peels.
- Contributes to healthy heart. Potassium in lemon peels (and also in dried lemon peel powder) help maintain the right blood pressure in our body.
- Maintains oral health. Vitamin C deficiency results in teeth related problems like bleeding gums, scurvy and gingivitis. Lemon peels are rich in citric acid, which helps fight these common teeth and gum related problems.
- Promotes weight loss. They contain a powerful fibre called pectin, which is responsible for the promotion of weight loss in the body. Pectin binds substances in the intestine and adds bulk to the stools. The fruits containing the most pectin are citrus fruits, especially grapefruits, lemons and oranges. The majority of the pectin resides in the citrus peel, but the pulp also contains some.
- Lemon peels and lemon powder help prevent and fight skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, pigmentation and dark spots. The free radicals play a very important role in this process. Besides, antioxidants found in the peels tend to be a great detoxifier of the skin
Dried lemon peel powder uses:
- Use it whenever a recipe calls for lemon peel or lemon zest.
- If you’re too lazy to squeeze a lemon, add dried lemon peel to your salad dressing, smoothie, yogurt, dessert etc.
- You can even add dried lemon peel powder to your water to give it a nicely fresh lemony flavour.
- Make your own lemon pepper – simply grind some dried lemon peel with peppercorn and season your savoury dishes.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.