Dhamasa -धमासा - Fagonia Cretica-Dhamaso
Dhamasa in ancient Ayurveda is known as Duralabha, Samudranta and Dusparsha
Botanical Name: Fagonia Arabica/ Alhagi maurorum
Common Name: Yavasa
- English :Khorasan thorn
- Hindi-धमासा, हिंगुआ, धमहर, हींगुना;
- Urdu-बदरह (Badrah), बडावरद (Badavard);
- Gujrati-धमासो (Dhamaso);
- Tamil-तुल्नागरी (Tulnagari);
- Telugu-चीट्टीगरा (Chittigara), गीरेगटी (Giregati);
- Bengali-दुरालभा (Duralabha);
- Punjabi-धमाह (Dhamah), धमान्ह (Dhamanh), धामा (Dhama)
- Marathi-धमासा (Dhamasa), धूमसा (Dumasa)।
- Persian-बादा बर्द (Bada bard), बडावर्द (Badavard);
- Arbi-शुकाई (Shukai), शौकुबेइतीजा (Shaukubaitiza)।
Part Used: panchang (all five part of plant)
Uses of Dhamasa
It possess antioxidant activity. It is used to treat heartburn resulted from gastric reflux. It is used in gastric discomforts. It has antiulcerative action. It reduces cough.
It is the best blood purifier and decomposes blood clots to save from brain haemorrhage and heart problems. It's flowers and leaves can treat all types of Cancers and Thalasemia. It is used for cooling effect, treats all types of Hepatitis. It Strengthens liver and prevents/cures liver cancer. It helps in treatment of body pains, Allergies, Heals pimples and other dermatology problems.
Dhamasa provides relief from headaches.
Dhamasa beneficial in throat pain and other mouth problems.
Mixing an equal amount of dry grapes with Dhamsa, making a decoction, and taking 10-20 ml decoction makes it easy to get quick relief if you have a fever with diarrhea.
Dhamasa is used to Treat Fever.
Dhamsa is used to treat Inflammation.
Dhamasa is used to treat Snake Poison
Rasa : Madhura, Katu, Tikta, Kasaya , Guna : Laghu, Sara, Virya : Sita, Vipaka : Madhura , Karma : Kaphahara, Medohara, Pittahara, Vatahara