What are home made Ayurvedic treatments for cold and cough?
by Nutrixia Food on Feb 08, 2022
Here are few ayurvedic products which can be use for treat cold and cough at home
1. Giloy/ Giloi / Galo
Giloy is used in ayurveda to treat cold.Giloy is a plant with heart-shaped leaves that is also known as Guduchi or Amrita. Giloy helps in the treatment of cold caused due to pollutants or allergens and helps manage tonsillitis. Moreover, its anti-inflammatory property helps boost immunity.
Giloy can be consumed in the following ways:
● As a juice – You can buy readymade Giloy juice from the market or extract it at home and add it to water
● As tablets – Giloy tablets
● By adding in giloy powder in a kadha
Mulethi or licorice is a bitter tasting herb that has seen old-age application in cold allergy treatment in Ayurveda. It has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties that help in thinning the mucus inside the airways. This helps in finding relief from cough and congestion.
You can have mulethi in the following ways:
● By adding mulethi powder to warm water
● By gargling with mulethi extract
● By adding it to tea or kadha
● As tablets or ghanvati– Giloy tablets