Basil seeds, also known as Tulsi Bee, offer several potential health benefits. Here are some benefits of basil seeds:
Digestive Health: Basil seeds contain dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, and promotes regular bowel movements.
Weight Management: When soaked in water, basil seeds expand and create a feeling of fullness, which can help control appetite and support weight loss efforts.
Hydration: Basil seeds, when soaked in water, form a gel-like substance that helps to keep the body hydrated, especially during hot weather.
Nutritional Value: Basil seeds are a good source of essential nutrients, including vitamins (such as vitamin K) and minerals (such as iron, calcium, and magnesium).
Antioxidant Properties: Basil seeds contain antioxidants that help protect the body against damage caused by free radicals, potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
Now, for the home remedies, here are a few simple recipes for common ailments:
Digestive Issues (Constipation, Indigestion):
- Soak 1 tablespoon of basil seeds in 1 cup of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Consume the mixture before it turns into a gel-like consistency.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of basil seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds and mix well.
- Optionally, add a few slices of fruits like cucumber or lemon.
- Drink this concoction as a low-calorie, hydrating beverage.
- Soak 1 tablespoon of basil seeds in 1 cup of water until they swell up.
- Add a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Consume the drink to replenish electrolytes and stay hydrated.
Please note that these home remedies are not substitutes for professional medical advice. If you have any specific health concerns, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.