- In the India the vetiver plant is known as the “Khus” and is used both in medicine and in the industry of perfumery, of frozen foods and refrigeration in the preparation of all kinds of drinks.
- The grass is characterized by a sweet and pleasant flavor combined with a little earth y.
- On the other hand is a very fresh herb has a cooling effect similar to some other herbs such as mint or peppermint
- It has versatile uses, particularly as an inexpensive yet effective and eco-friendly tool to combat soil erosion
- Medicinal and aromatic plants (MAP) are two related groups of plants having in their part chemical constituents which are active in curing ailments (i.e. MP) or in providing flavors and/or fragrances (i.e. AP).
- It produces spongy, much branched, root system (khus roots) with fine rootlets, containing a fragrant oil which is a perfume by itself. The dry aromatic roots are also used to make curtains, mats, fans and other fancy goods as the product emits a sweet cooling aroma for a long period when moistened. The oil is used as a valuable fixative in blending of perfumes, cosmetics and scenting of soaps.
- Its cultivation is largely scattered over small holdings in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh and to a lesser extent in Uttar Pradesh. Considering the high quality of oil produced in India compared to Indonesia, Pakistan, Senegal, Sri Lanka Brazil and Haiti, the north Indian type vetiver oil has a good potential for export. It also highlights the utilization of vetiver as MAP in Thailand that includes the utilization of vetiver in traditional medicine, in pest control, and as fragrant materials.
Vetiver Oil is very popular in aromatherapy and has many medicinal properties, which are described in brief below.
- Anti Inflammatory
The very soothing and cooling effect of this essential oil calms and pacifies all sorts of inflammations. Treatment for inflammations caused by
Vetiver oil efficiently stops the growth of Staphylococcus Aureus, the bacteria responsible for causing septic, and eliminates them, thereby helping cure septic and giving protection against it.
Mixed in sorbets and beverages as a flavouring agent, this oil has an aphrodisiac effect. It enhances libido and gives arousals. Since sex has more to do with the psychology (brain) than the physiology, remedy for most of the sexual disorders like frigidity, lack of libido, impotence etc. lays in the brain. Certain components of this oil stimulate those portions of brain and the problems are over.
Cicatrisant is a property by virtue of which a substance speeds up the eradication or disappearance of the scars and other marks from the skin. It promotes growth of new tissues in the affected places which replace the dead and discoloured tissues and helps achieve a uniform look. This is also useful for the post delivery stretch marks, fat cracks, after spots left by pox, burns etc.
A tonic for the nerves is called a nervine, like our Essential Oil of Vetiver is. It takes care of the nerves and maintains them in good health. It also heals the damages done to the nerves by shock, fear, stress etc. Further, it helps get rid of nervous disorders, afflictions, epileptic and hysteric attacks, nervous and neurotic disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease, lack of control over limbs etc.
The Essential Oil of Vetiver is a well known sedative. It sedates nervous irritations, afflictions, convulsions and emotional outbursts such as anger, anxiety, epileptic and hysteric attacks, restlessness, nervousness etc. and even benefits patients of insomnia.
it keeps the metabolic system in order, rejuvenates the body, gives strength and boosts immunity.
This property of Vetiver Essential Oil helps heal wounds by promoting growth of new tissues at the wounded place and also by keeping it safe from infections by inhibiting growth of microbes and promoting crowding of leucocytes and platelets at the place.
Vetiver essential oil helps in the formation
of new tissue is used so as to accelerate the healing and recovery of skin wounds as well to remove stains, marks on the skin and the scars themselves. Also we used to repair the cracks and grooves in the skin caused by different circumstances such as pregnancy, diets, allergies, burns.
In addition to various beverages for culinary purposes and aphrodisiacs, with vetiver essential oil is made soothing infusion used to relax and recover from severe strain. Help to overcome situations of shock, fear, high levels of stress, panic, etc.
- Other Benefits:
Other benefits that will tend to award to the use of vetiver essential oil are for example the strengthening of bones, the treatment of rheumatism, gout, arthritis, muscle aches, dryness, cramps and dry skin.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.
You Might Also Like
What People Are Saying
Good Quality Products
Product quality is good ,
customer service team helped me to pick right product
cost compare to other sites is less
Product quality and packaging very nice.. overall very satisfied. Do recommend to buy products from here. 😊 🙏
happy with the products
I placed an order recently on Nutrixia for ayurvedic herbs and spices . Nutrixia has good and wide range best quality herbs - very useful in recent times and fast delivery at wholesale reasonable prices. I am happy with the products placed another order too.
Love it so much
Nice people nd products also. Taking care of Customer. Strong recommendations for purchasing from their store