Benefits of bhringraj
Bhringraj is creeping herb about 3mt in height. It is annual, erect and branched herb often rooting at nodes. This herb has white colored flowers with long stalk is placed on short, flat and rounded stem. Leaves are opposite, sessile and lance shaped. Well-developed roots of this plant are cylindrical and grayish in color. Floral heads are white in color, solitary, winged narrowly and about 6-8mm in diameter. This plant is moisture loving and grows in moist places throughout world.
Scientific name: Eclipta prostrata
- Latin name – Eclipta Alba
- Common name – False daisy
- Hindi name – Bhangra, Bhangaraiya
- Kannada name – Garagada soppu, Garga
- Telugu name – Kayanthakara, Kaikeshi
- Marathi name – Maka
- Gujarati name – Bhangaro
- Bengali name – Kesuriya
- Punjabi name – Bhangra
- Malayalam name – Jala bhangara, Tekaraja
- Arabic name – Kadimulabit
- Bhringraj powder acts as a good rejuvenator. It is good for hair, skin, expels intestinal worms, cures cough, asthma and strengthen body. The powder is used in blindness, eye diseases, headache and disease pertaining to hair and its growth. Traditionally, the drug is extensively used against jaundice. Its juice has power to check the adverse effects in liver caused by alcohol and CCL4. Bhringraj powder is used for treatment of skin disorders, loss of appetite, acidity, heart burn, jaundice and anemia.