Ayurvedic skin care is based on ancient Indian medicine. The practice includes Ayurvedic facials, treatments for skin diseases, and herbal formulations for the skin.+
According to Ayurveda, a person’s skin type is based on three doshas.
kapha (water and earth)
According to the Ayurvedic tradition, a vata-dominant person has dry and rough skin that tends to wrinkle if not moisturized regularly.
- Use oil-based moisturizers on the skin and consuming warm spices like ginger.Ashwagandha, an ancient Indian herb, may reduce skin dryness when added to a face mask.
- Use Rice or nut powders mixed with hydrating rose water, or even milk,
People with high pitta tend to have oily skin that may be prone to acne and rosacea.
- Use cooling elements like aloe vera, turmeric (which is anti-inflammatory), and sandalwood (which reduces pimples and redness)
Kapha skin tends to be cold and oily, and it may be prone to pimples, whiteheads, and water retention.
- Avoid oil-based creams and applying face masks regularly.
- Try gently scrubbing the face with a mixture of sea salt and honey followed by an herbal steam with mint leaves two to three times a week for keeping pores clear and maintaining the optimal oil balance
#ayurveda #ayurvediclifestyle #vata #vatadosha #explorepage #theayurvedicyogi #doshas #kaphadosha #doshavata #ayurvediclife #ayurvedaeveryday #ayurvedicdiet #ayurvedic #ayurvedicmedicine #ayurvedicdoctor #ayurvedica #ayurvedicskincare #bams #ayurvedayoga #kaphadosha #pittadosha